CRUST AND OTHER TRIMS
PIE CRUST TRIM
- This edge can be done using the three-needle transfer tool. If
edging an afghan or baby blanket, before beginning to knit the trim, measure the width of
three needles and place your fingernail as a marker. This space will be used where the
- Then, beginning at your fingernail, pick up 3 stitches along the
edge and hang these stitches onto 3 needles. Pick up and hang a second group of 3 stitches
right next to these so you have 6 stitches along the edge of your piece.
- Knit 8 rows at about 1 or 2 stitch sizes (tension) smaller than
the tension used when knitting a fairisle blanket or up to 1 stitch size (tension) smaller
when knitting a stockinette or garter carriage single-bed blanket..
- Place 3 left-most stitches on top of 3 right-most stitches being
sure to leave the 3 left-most empty needles in work.
- Pick up 3 new stitches from the piece you are edging and place
those stitches onto the 3 left-most stitches from which you just removed 3 stitches. Knit
- Continue as above until you reach a corner where you should knit
10 rows. Be careful to try to nicely space your edging at the corners so it is evenly
spaced on each edge.
Click on the images below to
To: Worm Trim
Back to Top